Monday, December 6, 2010

Wanna' Get Away? {or...How I Spent My Thanksgiving Vacation}

We always head to Arizona for Thanksgiving.  My husband's family is there, and by the middle of November I'm usually ready for a little bit of a break from the cold and rain here in the northwest.  I took a TON of pictures last year, so this year was a little bit of a let down for me.  I felt like I had already taken a lot of the images that I was seeing of the kids playing and swimming, the holiday decorations, the dinner prep.  It was nice not to worry about missing a shot, but at the same time, I kind of missed it.  I did manage to see a few new things that delighted my lens.  Like this....







She just neeevvvveeeerrrr got tired of that game.  Poor Daddy.  By the end of the day, his arms were shot....



On the last night we were there, we took a trip across town to the Christmas light festival.  It had started on a weekend and we had seen the throngs of people who had descended upon it on the news, but we were there on a Monday and no one else was.  We basically had the streets and the lights to ourselves.  Beautiful....



We had a little time to kill at the airport on the way home.  My son passed the time with his nose pressed up against the window watching the planes...There's a pilot in there somewhere....



Somehow, I always end up on the aisle or on the other side of the plane and I never get to see this.  Rambunctious kids provided me the opportunity to catch a middle seat on this flight, however, and I got the see the Grand Canyon from 30,000 feet....amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment