Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Let's Do 52 ~ Week 2 {Open}

At 7:45 this morning two guys from the city showed up at our house to clean the sewer in our backyard.  This was upsetting for several reasons:

1.  There is a sewer in our backyard.
2.  Two strange men were inside the sewer in our backyard.
3.  I haven't showered in two days.
4.  There is a sewer in our backyard.

That third one doesn't really pertain to this situation, but it's upsetting.  Mostly to Prince Charming who always asks me if I'm going to shower today when he leaves the house in the morning.  You know, like he's my mother or it's something I have to do everyday.  Get real.  Who am I trying to impress?  Let me tell you a little secret, lover.  The vacuum cleaner doesn't care if I have beautiful hair or clean underwear so just get over your clean-shaven, GQ lookin' self.  And he says, "Oh yeah, right," like he doesn't believe that he looks good, and then he grabs a quick sideways glance in the mirror and thinks "Yeah, I look good."  I know how he rolls, okay.  Please.

Moving on.

I've known since I moved in here that there was a sewer in the backyard, but in all the time I've been here, no one has ever offered to clean it for us, or remove it so we could have a slip n' slide, or told us that if we didn't unlock the gates ourselves they would have to use metal cutters to break the padlocks we have on the gates to get back there and clean it.

I know what you're thinking, and no.  They're not charging us to clean the sewer.  That's not what you were thinking?  Are you sure?  I took a class called "How To Be A Blogging Psychic", so I'm pretty sure that's what you were thinking.  Really?  It's not?  Hmmmm....that's curious.

Okay, back to the sewer.  Boy that's something you don't hear everyday, isn't it?  Unless you're one of these guys who goes around cleaning sewers because then you would hear that all the time.

"Break's over.  Back to the sewer!"

Mostly, the sewer cover in our backyard has just been used to fall over while someone is trying to catch a ball

(Prince Charming.....I think I throw a ball just fine, but whatever.  "I'm not standing on the sewer am I?  You want me to knock over my glass?"  Nag nag nag....)

or to hold our drinks while we're out tossing around, apparently, really bad passes, or planting herbs or partying while the kids clean the house.  It's like a little table.  But made out of steel with the word SEWER written across the top.  It never actually occurred to me that it would need to be cleaned.  Kind of like having a dirt floor.  Why do you need to clean it?  It's dirt.  It's supposed to be dirty.  Same thing.

I know what you're thinking, and my response that is that it doesn't matter that no one has had a dirt floor in their house for over a hundred years.  Ever been to the jungle?  Dirt floors all over the place.  Who's cleaning that?  I'll tell you who.  No one.  Because it's supposed to be dirty.  Just like a sewer. 

See, those blogging psychic classes are starting to pay off, but I won't say I told you so because I could not possibly be that rude to someone who has been so nice and stuck around for my sewer story.  It's almost over.  I promise.

Anyway, they opened the sewer and my first thought was

Gross.

Then I thought

Gee.  I should take a picture of that. 


I can totally use that for my new Let's Do 52 project group this week.  The theme is Responsibility.

I know what you're thinking.

Trust me.  I'm psychic.

No comments:

Post a Comment