So much fun to be had.
We'd gone to school early,
With $3.00 from dad.
She bought a new hat,
Striped red and white.
She put it right on
And wore it all night.
It flopped and it fluped.
It gave a great fall,
So we stuffed it with paper
To make it stand tall.
She woke up this morning,
Got dressed in her jammies
For Pajama Day in class
With Green Eggs & Hammies.
The first graders love it,
Being silly with a Flubat.
The fifth graders, however,
Are too cool for that.
"No way," said my kid.
"I'm not wearing PJs.
My friends will all think
I've lost my marteejays."
"I don't know that word,"
she told him, looking puzzled.
"Then you need to read more
About Wockets and Wuzzles."
So, she popped on the hat
And went on her way.
Happy, once more
That it's Dr. Seuss Day.


Totally LOVE this!!! Happy Dr. Seuss Day.... :) :) (BTW....Girlie looks absolutely ahhh-dorable in her striped red & white hat)
ReplyDelete