Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Project 52 ~ Wk. 18 {Spring Has Sprung}

Every year I beg Prince Charming to take me up to the tulip fields so I can photograph the gorgeous, glowing, electric, color-filled blossoms.. And every year he says,  

"Why would you want to drive two hours just to pull off the side of the road for five minutes and take pictures of flowers you could buy in the grocery store, then drive two hours back. What a waste."

So, I end up going with my mother.
(because what does he know?)
(nothing about electric colored tulips, that's what.)

I got a ton of pictures, and I've pulled them all up on my computer and I'm dying to get to them, but I have a laundry list of other things to do that includes but is not limited to the following:

1. Wash last night's dishes

2. Make the beds

3. Return the cool sneakers I bought for my son that he instantly hated
(evidently boys don't care for incandescent green shoelaces)
(what is it with guys and color?)
(why does everything have to be dark blue?)
(or black)
(come on...you look like a bruise)

4. Return the DVD to the library that my daughter left out of the case
 (the one time I don't double check)

5. Pressure wash the garden shed so Prince Charming and his buddy can start turning it into our new chicken coop

6. Do internet research on the kinds of dogs that are bred to hunt vermin
 (freakin' chickens)

 7. Gag that we need a dog that's bred to hunt vermin
(suburban farming is a glamorous business, my friends)
(don't let anyone tell you any different)

8. Figure out something to have for dinner that we haven't had recently,
that I have all the ingredients for,
that everyone likes
 and that only takes 5 minutes to make.

9. Force feed my daughter her spelling words because Daddy didn't make her do them yesterday while I was off gallivanting through the tulip fields.
("Hey...she didn't tell me she had spelling words.")
(I'm stunned.)
(No. Really. It's a total shock.)
(Said no one ever)

10. Uninstall the 75GB of airplane games that my son put on my computer while I was off cavorting in the flowers.
("Hey...he didn't tell me he wasn't supposed to do that.")
(Quelle surprise.)

So, as much as I would love to tell you more about how this image came to be


I've got to get to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment