Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What Was I Thinking?

For the 4th of July we had planned on heading to the beach.  A quiet holiday weekend just us and the sand and the fabulously free firework show up and down the shore.

Then, some cousins asked if we wanted to join them for their mondo-uber 4th of July extravaganza on the lake with fireworks and swimming...

"Yes," said my son....

and boat rides and lots of food...

"Yes," said my daughter....

and lots of people and lots of drinking....

Oh, twist my arm.  Fine.

Of course, I documented the afternoon.  In a slight twist on what I would regularly say about these, I thought I'd tell you exactly what I was thinking as I snapped each pic.

Isn't this nice?  What a nice day.  I love the 4th of July.  I makes me feel so American.


Oh,  I better take that now before my margarita hits.  I'll never get that focus later.


Focus is good.  Margarita it good.  Should I salute something?


Is it just me or should there be a margarita in this picture?


Whoooaaa....iPads are cool.


Ummmm...hello.  Aren't you the president of Holiday Hot Guy?  Wait....are you related?  Because that would be gross.  Not that you're gross.  At all.  Cool glasses, by the way.  Want to share my margarita?


Those are cool glasses, too.  Hope she doesn't loose those in the lake.
(side note:  If you were there...on that boat...you'll understand why I was thinking that...)


Oh cute.  He's letting her try the megaphone.  Wait.  What are you doing?  Don't...No.  WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?  DON'T GIVE HER THAT!!  Oh, Lord....


Whoa!  I didn't even see you there!  That could have ended really...wet.


I wish my hair looked like this.  
 Ponytails make me smile.  So do margaritas.


Why is everyone wearing cooler glasses than me?


Ha!  She's gonna' hate me for that one later.  
Fortunately, I've had enough margarita that I'm not really caring.


What are those kids doing over there?  
Whoa!  If one of my kids ever did that I'd chop their hand off.


Thanks, but I won't need luck.  I've got my tripod and it's not my first time.  
Dang!  
My tripod just broke!
Okay, Girlie.  Sit really really still.  Mommy just needs to do this one thing.


Right now, I'm thinking that I love ya' and I hope you had a really fantastic holiday!


2 comments:

  1. I love how you share your wonderful family time with us. It shows how much family means to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that comes through. Thank you for taking the time to tell me. I'm glad you're enjoying the posts!

    ReplyDelete