I should have known when he said he wanted to start keeping chickens for the eggs.
I should have seen it coming when he decided it would be better to keep them in the workout room in our basement rather than down at his office yard.
I should have read the writing on the wall when he put on a pair of overalls and a straw hat and asked me to start calling him Prince Farming.
But I didn't. I turned a blind, blissfully ignorant eye.
And now....
That's right. They've moved in.
Taken over the back corner of our back yard with a little red hen house and some chicken wire.
It took them a minute to get used to the idea.
There were a few squabbles about who would be first up the ramp.
This guy won.
Now Prince Farming and the children are all a flutter about our new pets. Who needs one dog when you can have six chickens?
And then he says,
"I just want to throw this out there.....Goose eggs."
Pray for me.










You now are hooked!
ReplyDelete