Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Why I Wish Father's Day Was In May...

My theme this week is Motherhood, which, personally, I think is a week too early.  Mother's Day is next week.

Not that mothers don't deserve every opportunity for gratitude and praise and neon lights shining and blinking over their heads for all the work that they do.

The thankless work that they do.

The "Really, Mom?  Really?" work that they do.

The "You never want me to have any fun!" work that they do.

The "I know you got up at 6:00 to fold those clothes, but I really don't need to put them away because I'm fine living out of the laundry basket," work that they do.

The "I hate it when you come in here because you're always waking me up," work that they do.

The "No.  It wasn't me.  I swear.  I'm not lying.  It wasn't.  Okay, it was," work that they do.

The "Ummmm, yeah, I don't really feeeeeel like cleaning my room," work that they do.

The "Mom, stop.  Mom.  Stop.  MOM!  STOP!!  You don't have to kiss me all the time," work that they do.

The combination eye-roll, hair flip, stomp down the hall..."Don't you slam that door, young lady!" ...SLAM!... "UghAgghhhh!" work that they do.

But, I feel like I'm getting off track. 

What I'm trying to say is that this week's theme is Motherhood, but I really wish it was Fatherhood, because if it was, this is what I'd use....


Love,

Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment